Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Week 10 - hearing the heartbeat!!

My week 10 visit to Dr. Northcutt fell during Griffin' spring break. I decided it would be neat to take him with me so he could be a part of this whole process and hear the first heartbeat with me. Well, the nurse tried to find it by just pressing on my belly with Griffin standing by...no luck. I guess the baby was just too small or my uterus was tilted or something.. so Griffin quickly lost interest - Thank Goodness!! Dr. Northcutt ended up having to do a pelvic exam to push my uterus up to be able to hear it...not something I would have wanted with my 5 yr. old in the room. Thankfully, I packed the iPod and the Leapster to keep him entertained so he missed the whole ordeal. I just wish he could have heard the heat beat...oh well.. we have plenty more visits to go. I am happy to report that baby's 10 week heart rate was a very rapid 176!

No comments: