Monday, May 4, 2009

Who is that kid??



This snapshot of Griffin on Easter morning fills me with such a wide range of emotions. First of all, I am filled with joy that he is growing into such a handsome, sweet, smart, caring and funny young man. Second of all, I am filled with delight as I witness the ways he embraces Julia as his sister and a member of our family. But I must admit that this photo also fills me with a sense of sadness...simply a mother's selfishness that her sweet baby boy can't stay little forever. The glasses, the missing front teeth, the thinning face...all reminders that time marches on no matter how hard we try to stop it. Age 6 has been such an eventful year...and it's not even halfway finished. But as sad I am that Griffin is growing way too fast, I know that we have so many wonderful things to look forward to in his bright future!

No comments: