Saturday, February 14, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter...will that be us?










Ok, so Julia is 3 months old now and the postpartem dust is starting to settle while reality sets in. Girls are nothing like boys.. everybody has warned me. I tried not to believe it but it is true. Julia is much more needy than Griffin ever was and she needs to have someone entertaining her most all of the time. Wow, do I have my work cut out for me! Don't get me wrong. I am loving every minute of it (ok, well not the crying fits so much) as she starts to reach some of the fun milestones like laughing and rolling over and following my voice across the room. But it's going to take some getting used to after a laid back child like Griffin.

I am starting to wonder though, how will this dominating personality of hers take shape? Will she be bold and fearless? bossy and demanding? or is it just a baby phase that will pass and reveal a sweet and gentle little girl? will she be outgoing and driven? will she be creative and speak her mind? will she be shy and sensitive? There is such much waiting to reveal itself in her. And of course, I can't help but wonder, will she be like me? Will we look alike? act alike? sound alike? Will we be friends? will she confide in me? will she look up to me? Like mother, like daughter..will that be us? Only time will tell!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course she will! She's going to be your sweet baby girl!